Aug 17, 2015

1

Update July // The busiest month of my life.


After two weeks of "holidays" at home relaxing I'm going think back and write down some of the stories that were part of the busiest month of my life, starting in Greece July 1st. 
After winning the Spanish Nationals once again and shooting the Junior VKWC as a photographer I flew west to the island of Rhodes (Greece), where I was supposed to meet up with the Polish gang, for a week of training before the VKWC Tarifa which was right after that. Greece was great, with the economical crisis it was super cheep, windy everyday and sunny. The spot there was in the most southern tip of the island, a town called Prasonisi which is based on a stripe of sand with waves in one side and flat water in the other one. 
 

I flew to Tarifa with Paula and Hela two other riders from the tour who were also in Greece training, we got there and the event started in "Los Lances" beach we had light "poniente" winds for the first couple of days. On the third day the wind changed to a different direction and it was windy everywhere but at the competition area, after discussing it a lot the organization decided to move the event to Balneario, which is the beach right in the village of Tarifa, one of the most unique places to kite. We went from choppy 13m weather to perfect flat water and 7m weather. Somehow I managed to win my heat in the second round against my good friend David Tonijuan and right after that I also took the win over Robinson Hilario from the DR. This put me straight into a 5th place position in an event/conditions I would have never expected to be good at. My training in Greece paid of in the event in Tarifa and got me my best result so far on the world tour. 
Straight after the VKWC in Tarifa, my friend Jerome Cloetens and I flew down to the island of Lanzarote for ten days to shoot a new movie we are working on with Sam van Olmen and take some photos with Reinout Smit as well. Overall we had some good winds and shot a lot, so look forward to articles, photos and the final movie coming soon! 

 

Here it is to another awesome adventure! Cheers to everyone who helped me along in the past month! 


Noè

No comments:

Post a Comment