Jan 30, 2015

1

January 2015 in Cape Town

Celebrated my first year riding for the Best Global team on the 1st of January and what better way to do it than flying to Cape Town for the next 1.5 months. I spent my first few weeks here with my team mate Lewis Crathern with who I had an awesome time kiteboarding and hanging out. Discovered pretty much all of the spots in the first two weeks, we drove to Langebaan, Muizenberg, Milnerton, Big Bay, Brandlevi... We also did an amazing hike up to Lions Head were we scored an amazing sunset. 














Here in South Africa training has gone well even though it isn't windy every day we enjoy it surfing, wake boarding or doing other activities than kitting. Having other cool stuff to do besides Kiteboarding makes this destination one of the top ones on the list. For kitting my spot of choice so far has been Muizenberg as the quality of the riding there was top, but we can't forget Brandlevi. The spot its 1h drive away from Cape Town, a lake surrounded by mountains, fresh water and the best is that you can ride board shorts so that makes it a lot better than the freezing water in cape town. Here are some POV shots I took on my GoPro there. 













Right now we are all really looking forward for the Red bull King Of the Air which is happening any time between Jan 31st and Feb 15th. And hopefully cape doctor delivers an awesome day for the action to happen! 

Cheers from Cape Town! 

No comments:

Post a Comment